Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sideways Promotion

Recently I had been given what I like to call a sideways promotion. I didn't receive a raise per-say, but I was returned to a 40 hour working week. In reality it seems I am actually working about 60 hours a week. I still cover my original store but I now have the added responsibility of another store which is about an hour from my house. The only down side is on the days I do this 'stretch assignment' is that I leave the house at 8am and usually do not return home until about 7-8pm (later, if I get stuck behind an Amish convoy).

The definite silver lining of this assignment is that although the new store is still in the middle of nowhere, there is plenty of crime. Not as much as working in Philly but in the past month I have caught 7 shoplifters. Compared to last year at Home Store where I didn't even have 7 for the year!

Hopefully this new responsibility and uptrend in action will enable me to post more often as I will now have some stories to tell. Please check back periodically - I will try to regale you with some new tales as well as some old goodies I have stored up.

Don't forget to check out another LP blog I have found to be enjoyable; To catch a thief
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment