Monday, April 26, 2010

A homeless man dies and nearly 25 people in Queens keep walking by - NYPOST.com

A homeless man dies and nearly 25 people in Queens keep walking by - NYPOST.com

As I read this article I cried. Not just for this poor man who apparently wasn't worth even dialing 911 for, but for the state of our beloved country and mankind in general. What does it say about us when we are so busy and unfeeling that when a human being is lying on a side walk we can't check on his condition? And the gentleman who turned him over, HAD to have seen the blood, and then walked away? There is a special section of hell reserved for you. I wish there was such thing as karma.... And what of the woman who was being robbed? For the love of god, if someone had come to my aid when I was being attacked I most certainly would at least THANK the man... not leave him dying on the sidewalk. I am just at a loss for words and I hope every person in this video gets recognized and strung up - especially the cell phone picture taker. I know they will probably never read this (but I can dream) and I hope they end up on fire without someone to so much as spit on them.


and just to keep it LP related, something way less horrendous then the above but slightly similar:

Once when making an apprehension of a man who had taken several items we ended up fighting. I was struggling to keep the guy up against the glass and had one handcuff on but couldn't get the other cuff on. People just stood and watched. I finally saw a police officer coming running from inside the mall and I was so grateful. He snatches the guy up and we manage to get him cuffed. I take a step back to assess the damage to myself... bruising on my arms, scrapes here and there.. when this random guy then gets up from a table in the food court and comes outside. This guy must have been 250lbs of solid muscle. No neck, arms the size of my thigh... and he asks if we need help. Well asshole where the hell were you 20 seconds ago when you saw a girl half getting her ass handed to her by some dude twice her size? No... just come on outside after the guy is cuffed and in the back of a squad car. ASS!

No comments:

Post a Comment